One of the stubborn and annoying medical conditions, especially during the teenage, is acne, also known as zits, pimples, blemishes, etc. You may notice an acne lesion healing, but as soon as it starts disappearing, another one crops up. And more distressing than acne, are acne scars, which never show any signs of going away for good.
Commonly, the facial area is where the acne mainly strikes. Apart from this, the chest, back, shoulder and even buttocks may suffer the outbreak. The below description would suggest you about how to get rid of pimples on chest. But before that, you may like to know about the symptoms first.
Symptoms of Pimples on Chest
Pimples on chest area and on other areas of the body may occur in various forms. One form is collectively known as whiteheads and blackheads. When oil secretions block and clog the openings of the hair follicles, these kinds of pimples develop. Blackheads are those which have an open appearance at the skin surface, while whiteheads are the closed ones. Then there are small pimples on chest which are red and like raised bumps that form on the skin. These bumps are usually inflamed and tender to touch; known as papules. If the pimples have a white pus at their tips, then they are known as pustules. When pimples occur as large lumps, filled with pus, they are known as nodules. And then there are pimples on chest and back which appear like boils, are painful and may cause scars.
How to Get Rid of Pimples on Chest?
Although there are many prescription medicines which could be used for dealing with the pimples on chest and stomach, and other areas of the body. However, it is always best to try out some natural remedies for pimples, at home, which are not only safe but cost-effective as well. The remedies are as follows:
* Get a cup of yogurt and half a cup of oatmeal. Make a mix of both and apply it to the pimple-hit areas. Leave it to dry for sometime, before you wash it off with lukewarm water. Do not forget to pat it dry. Thereafter you can apply any antibiotic cream prescribed to you.
* Arrange for some dried basil leaves. Make a paste and mix it with used tea bags. Apply it on the chest where there have occurred pimples.
* A mixture of groundnut oil and lime juice is also one effective home remedy for pimples. It helps in improving the appearance of chest acne.
* Every night before going to bed, apply juice of fresh mint on the acne hit areas, and see impressive reduction in the outbreaks.
* Apply turmeric paste on the chest and leave it for sometime, before taking bath. Using this method everyday, appreciably prevents acne outbreaks and also improves the look of the pimples.
* One simple overnight acne remedy to deal with pimples on chest is to use orange peels. Just place them over the pimples for sometime, and rinse off with lukewarm water.
Apart from all these home remedies, there are a few self-care measures which help in keeping the acne from getting irritated. These include using gentle body cleansers for bathing, avoiding irritants like oily cosmetics, and other kinds of harsh acne skin care products, and never picking or squeezing the blemishes, as these may cause permanent scarring.
And to conclude with one more tip to prevent pimples on chest from getting aggravated is about being conscious about what comes in contact with the skin. Avoid wearing tight shirts, as sweat and oil aggravate the pimples further. So when you think the pimples are bothering you, consider using some of the remedies mentioned above and find relief. Rajib Singha